Welcome to the EasySky homepage. EasySky is a plugin for Unreal Engine 4.
This Multiplayer Ready Dynamic Day Night Cycle can be found in the UE4 Marketplace.
Most recent documentation and update notes:
Version 2.0 (Since 12/02/2020)
Version 1.5 (Since 18/10/2019)
- Fog is now properly responding to different sky sizes
- New feature: Scene light toggling. Stationary and Movable lights can now be toggled on and off during day/night transition. There is also the option to add actors, so multiple lights in one blueprint actor can be toggled at the same time.
- Sky is set to “Always Relevant”. This fixes network replication issues on bigger scenes.
- A Moon Color parameter property has been added
- Users can now disable dynamic moon phases, and choose a phase of their preference. (Full moon, half moon, etc)
- New feature: Sync Moon and Sun Cycle. When enabled, the sky will use realistic moon phase cycles. The downside to this is that sometimes you can have 2 directional lights in your scene: 1 sunlight and 1 moonlight. This could be bad for performance, so users can now disable the realistic moon cycle and sync the moon and day cycle, so there will always be 1 directional light active at the same time.
- New feature: Rain parameters added. The rain parameter will influence the fog and clouds. In a later update this will be enhanced with particle effects and post-process effects.
- Cubemap parameters are now exposed for easy tweaking.
- New feature: Presets! Presets are weather scenarios that include details like fog, cloud intensity, amount of rain, light intensity, etc. Users can alter the already existing presets, or create their own presets. These presets can be used in the next feature, dynamic weather:
- New feature: Dynamic weather. This feature will blend between different presets, allowing users to create true dynamic weather scenarios.
Documentation and update notes for older releases:
Version 1.4 (Since 09/10/2019)
- Added Moon Intensity property
- Added Cloud Emissive Boost during Night Time property
- Added Moon Flare size property
- Added Night Atmosphere Color
- Added Night Fog settings
- Day and Night time can now have different fog settings
- Improved error messaging when referencing an actor that is not configured properly
- Because of an error in UE4, sometimes the construction script doesn’t show screen prints. Because of this, the error message is now also printed on screen at the start of the game.
Version 1.3 (Since 09/09/2019)
- Improved cloud rendering
- Added Random Starting Time option
- Fixed Start Time replication between Server and Client for dedicated servers
- StartTime can now be more than 24 hours
Version 1.2 (Since 12/08/2019)
- Fixed Day Night Cycle time
- Added possibility to use a different speedup time for the day and night cycle
- Improved clouds
- Added property to tweak black ring around the moon
- Added clouds fade-out in the background
- Cubemap blend improvements. Cubemaps start blending 1 hour in advance of sunrise and sunset
Version 1.1 (Since 08/08/2019)
- Added Fog Night Color
- EasySky now derives from AActor, rather than Static Mesh Actor
- Added possibility to reference light and fog actors from the scene
- Light with an intensity of 0 are now disabled so they don’t have a rendering overhead
- Added Directional Inscattering color to the fog
- Better sky gradients
- Improved default lighting
- Moon texture and Normal map exposed
- Sun texture scale fix when scaling the skybox
Version 1.0 (25/07/2019 – 08/08/2019)
- Fixed Cloud color problems during night
- Added Moon Flare Intensity parameter